It’s not just our eggs that have been baking to perfection this week. British summertime is officially here! Okay, so maybe it’s not guaranteed every year but that’s why we’re committed to making the most of it when it arrives. Celebrate the season and feed your brood with our 5 favourite egg based recipes for summertime!
- Easy Ice-Cream. Starting as we mean to go on, for our opener we’ve chosen a crowd pleaser from our national sweetheart Mary Berry. This super easy no-churn ice cream can be whipped up in a jiffy and Mary includes a range of yummy flavour options.
- Vegetable & Goat’s Cheese Frittata. Hot on the heels of the queen-mum of baking, Jamie Oliver brings this healthy and wholesome vegetable frittata to the table. This dense omelette is perfect for using up veggies and getting the kids to eat their greens! And it has cheese, mmm.
- Portobello Egg Cups. These portobello mushroom delights can be grilled as directed or thrown – along with that other shrimp – on the barbie, for an easy summer appetiser.
- Salad Nicoise. There are so many variants on this summer-time classic, so we’ve turned to Delia for a mouthwatering recipe. Eggs, tuna, beans and summer greens make this meal a really light but filling summer dish, ideal for lunch or dinner. Oh, and if you don’t know how to boil an egg, she’s got you covered there too. Thanks, Delia!
- Strawberry Pavlova. This summer classic speaks for itself. Pick yourself up a punnet (or several) of fresh strawberries at your local farmer’s market. You can use the leftover egg yolks to whip up a batch of homemade custard, too. Well, it would be silly not to.
Run out of your free range Nith Valley Eggs? Pop down to one of our fresh egg vending machines – now at three locations in Dumfries and Galloway. Or have them delivered to your door along with fresh, local milk by our friends over at Roan’s Dairy.
To keep up with what’s cooking and see what our happy hens are up to this summer – follow us on Facebook!