We are really excited to bring you a new recipe using Nith Valley Eggs from Food Blogger, Rebecca Cooks! Rebecca is a Scottish cook and food writer with her own allotment in Glasgow where she grows a wide variety of herbs and vegetables. She is extremely passionate about the ‘Grow Your Own’ movement, eating seasonally and promoting Scottish produce. Follow her on Instagram at @rebeccacooks_ or for more recipes and allotment updates, visit her website www.rebeccacooks.net
Nith Valley Dippy Eggs
Kids and adults alike will love this fun twist on eggs and soldiers!
80g baby spinach
60g Italian prosciutto, finely chopped
25g goats cheese
10g unsalted butter
Handful chopped parsley
4 large Nith Valley Eggs
Sourdough bread, toasted and cut into soldiers.
1. Set oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
2. In a small pan, gently heat the butter and add the spinach. When spinach is wilted, remove from the heat and season to taste.
3. Grease the insides of the ramekins with a little butter and evenly distribute the spinach to the bottom of each dish. Gently crumble the goats cheese and prosciutto on top of the spinach.
4. Crack a Nith Valley egg into each ramekin and add a quarter of the cream to each dish.
5. Set the ramekins into a heavy based oven dish. Pour enough boiling water into the oven dish until it reaches the half way height of each ramekin.
6. Carefully place the tray in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes. The egg whites should be set but the yolks till runny.
7. Top with chopped parsley and cracked pepper. Serve immediately with buttered sourdough toast fingers for dipping!